November 25, 2011

No More School...

It was the last day of school today, we just did some review and then watched the movie Infernal Affairs, which I think was a well done movie. At the end of class we gave a card to our teacher where everybody had signed to thank her. I felt sad to say goodbye to teacher as I said so many times before, she's professional yet funny and the classes were not boring as language classes tend to be. I wonder how my selfstudy will go without her.

We got a taro mochi (rice flour pastry with taro filling) for fika during the movie.

I took a long walk in the afternoon and snapped some pictures in Daan forest park. I will miss this place for sure, all the bamboos and palm trees and beautiful flowers. I picked some flowers and put them under some books to bring them back home. I felt rather rude that mashed the delicate petals of the flowers and destroyed the magnificent 3D form that I'd admired during the walk. Though, it'll be nice in an album later.

The name of this flower is Bauhinia blakeana and it grows on trees.

The coolest tree stem I've ever seen.

Cricket. They all look so cool.

The only thing that reminds of snow was this white bird with feathers like newly fallen snow.

I had dinner with Linda at Vietnamese restaurant at Shida. It's great to share the life here with someone that experience almost the same thing.

At the restaurant.

A Bala bao, which is a fluffy bread with sweet crust like top from a very popular place at Shida.

No comments:

Post a Comment