November 25, 2011

Sweden in Taiwan

Sweden may be a small country but every now and then I see things that comes from Sweden. I become happily surprised every time and think "how did it get here?!". Besides IKEA there are for example young people carries Fjällkånken backpacker, the DVD "Jalla! Jalla!" with Chinese subtitle and there is even a Swedish restaurant called Milo Milo (I haven't eaten there though). I've taken the pictures at different days the last month or so.

The sign outside Milo Milo. I've heard of this restaurant before but I actually went passed by mistake one day when I was temporarily lost.

Almost everything you need for a "glöggkväll" can be found at IKEA Taipei (almost because they did not have ginger bread in the orignal flavor only with orange, whole wheat or cappucino).

Stieg Larson's famous triology in the local book store.

Outside a pub at Shida.

Interestingly enough, almost every Taiwanese that I've talked to know Sweden has a good welfare system, IKEA and, of course, that it's cold in Sweden. According to C, who is a local student at NTU they even bring up Sweden as example when teaching economics and society.

No comments:

Post a Comment