September 14, 2011

Wakeboarding

My taiwanese friend H asked me if I wanted to go wakeboarding and showed gave me a link with crazy wakeboard-tricks pictures. The answer was YES, of course. I love trying new things. Wakeboard is like snowboard on water with a handle fastened on a boat.

The sun was shining and a little windy when we got to the canal. Perfect. The most critical moment in wakeboarding is to get up from the water to a standing position. In the first round fell all the time and I (unintentionally) drank so much of the greenish-not-looking-too-healthy water (I just have to make an input that it doesn't taste as bad as it appears to be). Anyways, I didn't manage to get up out of three attempts and I was kind of bitter.

But after the warm up it got better. I got inspired by another girl in the group (we were all beginners) who surfed like a pro. It was an amazing feeling to stand on the board (with somewhat shaky knees), to see the white waves from the boat and I couldn't help myself to let out a big "WOOOH!".

We also ride a float-like thing that flew over the water. The boat driver made some mad u-turns and maxed the centripetal force just to see how long we were able to clang on the float. We also had the oppurtunity to sit on the boat and it was so fun to watch friends fly off. I want to thank Hank for a great day. Now three days after I still have "träningsvärk" (according to tyda.se the english word for träningsvärk is "charleyhorse". Haha) that reminds me of the speedy wakeboard rides.

Waiting excitingly for my turn. (Why, why always the victory sign?).

The boat pulls with a great force, no wonder I got so much charleyhorse.

WOOOH!!!

This was totally hilarious. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment