September 6, 2011

Orientation Day

Yesterday was orientation day and information about the formal matters like visa and how the classes work. I I didn't have to deal with anything with my visa after I got it in Sweden for several months ago. Luckily, I took a closer look at my passport after the lecture and realized that I need to extend it which basically means some paper work and running to the Immigration Office to get a stamp.

So the first thing I did today was to print and copy all papers needed and then go the Immigration office just to be told that: "You're here too early, come back the 17th of Sep" because one cannot extent the visa until it's 15 days left to the expiration date. Sigh. Visa is such a thing that is not super fun but necessary to deal with (well, you don't want to be kicked out of the country) and the number of rules may sometimes seem endless. Nevertheless, the girl that helped me in the office was really nice and helpful so there's no need to worry.

Now I'll grab some lunch and then go to my first class for this fall term at Mandarin Training Center!

No comments:

Post a Comment