September 6, 2011

First Day of Fall Term

Today was my first day at MTC. The Mandarin Training Center is a branch of National Taiwan Normal University and is known as one of the best schools if one want to learn Chinese. There are people from all over the world here. But I felt more frustrated than excited when I went to my class in the afternoon as I, for some reason, was placed in a very beginner class (again like in OCAC). After a quick look in the textbook I could draw the conclusion that I need to change to a higher class. In my opinion, the class change procedure seems tricky because nobody can help me to find a suitable class level. First I have to sign out from my current class and then attend to other classes within a week. In the meantime the classes proceed in a quite intense pace as they're intensive courses which will probably be hard to catch up when I find a class that suits. But it would work out, somehow. Although, I'm happy that I have to change class, it actually means that I've learned some Chinese.

No comments:

Post a Comment