August 22, 2011

Wulai (again)

In an attempt to get the most out of my parents visit here we try to go to different places everyday. Today we went to Wulai (earlier post about Wulai). The weather was perfect not too hot and no rain (worth to mention as last time I was here it was heavy rain and because of that we didn't go to see the waterfall). We took all kind of vehicles one can think of- MRT and bus (the rollercoaster bus all over again!) to get to Wulai. In Wulai we walked uphill to see the waterfall. The waterfall was slim and almost veil-like. It may be a stupid thought but I wonder how come the water never stops falling.

Then we took the cable car to the the upper part of the mountain (300-400 metres above sealevel) and the view from the cliff made me grip the fence a little tighter. It's so high. And we went even higher by stairs. On the mountain top, it was a jungle landscape with many different trees and plants. We saw a pomelo tree (a type of citrus) with huge fruits that seemed to be overrule gravity! There was also an amusement park with some fun swings. After the hiking we went down from the mountain and rounded up the tour with fish spa.


The waterfall! (I know, I overuse exclamation mark!)

The view from the cable car top. The wires seem so small in proportion to the size of the cable car (which is more like minibus rather than car). What math and physics are needed to calculate the strength of wires?

Big pomelos held in the air by tiny branches.

Woho, the swings on the mountain top!

Shuttle train back to the heart of Wulai.

Fish spa. From the left: mum, me and dad. I think the previous fish-eating-my-feet session made me tickle resistant (I even had the gut to giggle at a another girl that was screaming by the fish pool).


No comments:

Post a Comment