August 25, 2011

Taiwanese Traffic- Part 2

The metro in Taiwan is very smart outlined and SO CLEAN (I'm not joking)! It's very easy to find (if you know where you want to go) and there are signs in English (even though the Chinese pinyin sometimes is questionable. I mean, Danshui = Tamshui?). And how do they manage to keep it so clean? Well, eating and drinking are prohibited as well as bubble gum, smoking and betelnuts (a kind of chewable tobacco). People who litter get fined (I think Sweden will introduce this rule too and I think it'll solve the garbage problem very efficiently). I've even heard that there're people who "work" as a litter papparazzi because picture evidence yield royalty. As simple as that. Or almost as simple. There are surveillance cameras in every corner at the stations and in the trains.

In a MRT train. So shiny-not a single graffiti tag.
The fine may be up to 7500 NT which is about 1800 SEK. No wonder it's so clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment