December 5, 2011

Snow!

I arrived home-home last night and it was cold and dark outside. It's lovely to be at home again. My first impression was that it was so spacious, one can actually take more than three steps without hitting a wall (in contrast to my room in Taiwan). After a good night's sleep I woke up and looked out through the window and saw that it was all white outside under dark sky as the sun hadn't really gone up yet. I went up and lighted some candles and turned on some Christmas songs. I love the time before Christmas as much as Christmas Eve itself, it's so cozy. Swedes are really good at creating a cozy atmosphere, perhaps because it's so dark in winter time and flickering candles light up beautifully. This year, unlike previous years, I won't come home from university like two days before Christmas more or less apathic and stressed up after all the exams and I'm so happy about it.
The view from my window this morning. I like when the snow stays in the tree tops and glisten as the sun comes shows up.
We've had this tiny Santa house candle as far as I remember, so nostalgic.

Basically every home has at least one lamp of this kind.

I bought some 3D Christmas cards from Taiwan. There were a whole lot of creative and fun cards, so it was not easy to pick out just a few. This is one of my favourites:

Before one opens it...

After...

I had breakfast with mum and dad. How can something so simple be so pleasurable? I even find preparing my own breakfast enjoyable (may sound totally ridiculous) ... I cannot wait till I make a comeback in the kitchen for real.

No comments:

Post a Comment