December 3, 2011

The Flight Home

The flight back to Sweden via Beijing and Frankfurt went smoothly (except for the check-in in Frankfurt which was slighty stressful due to short of time) and time passed more quickly than what I expected. I was little bit nervous before as it is the first time I fly by myself so I'm happy that I didn't end up in Brazilia or something like that...

Air plane food is... a catagory of itself. Noodles with fish (they might have forgot the seasoning), bread, salad, yogurt and cake.

The waiting hall at Beijing airport. The first thing I did when I sat there and waited was to start my computer and by reflex log into Facebook before I realized I was in China and Facebook is banned. I couldn't even blog from there. It's terrifying both that something so widely used in the world is banned and the fact that I almost forgotten how to communicatie without FB (and without cell phone).

On the flight Beijing-Frankfurt it was mini-TV on every seat so one can watch movies, TV and listen to music. High-tech and quite impressive and made the time pass faster.

The view over Stockholm in the morning.

Finally back in Sweden, I took the bus to Linköping and my sister met up me. We went to her place and had some lunch. The sun was shining and it was wonderful to see the familiar surroundings and breath the fresh air. It's not as cold as I thought (about 5 degrees) and no snow (!) but enough to be freezing in my thin spring jacket. We went to buy some "julvört, julskinka, lussekatter, pepparkakor" and clementines to have some "julfika" in the evening which was totally all I wished for. At 7 pm the jetlag kicked in so I went to bed and slept like a baby for like 13 hours (the five last hours were more sympathy sleeping as I didn't want to wake my sister up at 3 a.m. Haha.).

I enjoyed every single bite!

No comments:

Post a Comment