October 16, 2011

Maokong Gondola

Today we (me, L and S), made a field trip to Maokong Gondola. We went there quite early which was smart because later there was so much people queueing to the cable car cabins. The view was fantastic and to the last station it was 299.3 metres above sea level and 4.033 km. Cool. At the Maokong Station we walked around the tea plant fields and visited Sanxuan Temple and Zhangshan Temple. In the temples we lightened inscenses and also took a life prediction stick. Then we had some lunch before we headed back home. But before we went home I tried to make my own sugar cotton in a DIY machine. It was not that easy to get a fluffy one , however, it was so much fun. To sum up, we had a great day at Maokong Gondola.

The cable cabins. There were two kinds of cabins, the regular ones and the special ones with crystal bottom where you can see right through. We went did not want to wait so we took the regular cabin.

It felt almost like riding a roller coaster as there where ups and downs (and sometimes quite speedy as well).

With Syaorie and Linda, both from Sweden (and LiU). And me holding the sugar cotton stick.

The life prediction sticks. This was the first time ever. One should ask a question or make a wish (for example, about career, fortune or) and then take a stick. There is a number on the stick with corresponding number in the mini drawers with certain notes which tells what "will" happen. I haven't figured out what my paper says but I'm curious (although I don't believe in this stuff).

One of the many tea fields in Maokong.

The DIY sugar cotton machine. I hold the bag of sugar, ready to pour it in the center.

The second I put 50 NT in the machine the machine started to play a melody and cotton come out. I think... I didn't have the optimal technique.

So it turned out like this! Small and compact, a good example of how it should NOT be . Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment