August 27, 2011

Today I went to Taoyuan airport to wave goodbye to my parents. I'll miss them! In the evening I went to Shi Da nightmarket to grab some food and I also visited a market where students and young designers sold clothes, accessorizes and other stuff. I found some really cute post cards.

At the young designers' market.

Now I sit in my room and it's heavy rain outside (typical Taiwanese weather). It may sound strange but I don't feel lonely and I'm not worried. I think I'm mentally prepared for this as I've been thinking of study abroad for like two years and the place is familiar for me by now. I like my room, it's not big but I got air conditioner, TV, internet, own bathroom and refrigitor. And it's close to school, very convinient. I haven't really seen my neighbours yet (we have no common room as in Swedish corridors, only a hall and rooms). However, sometimes when I walk outside I hear someone playing the piano magnificiently in the opposite building.

I have one more week to rest before school starts with orientation the 5th sep and classes the day after. I wonder how much Chinese I can learn in three months? Since I got here my Chinese and English have improved. Although, I do feel confused when I try to formulate a sentence and not mix Chinese Mandarin with Chinese Teochew (the dialect we talk at home) or Chinese Cantonese (another dialect that we talk at home and is somewhat similar to Mandarin). It happens that some Chinglish pops out and people give me a funny look. But hey, thank god for body language.

No comments:

Post a Comment