August 28, 2011

Arty Day

First day by myself in Taipei and this morning I was thinking "What to do?" I had breakfast at some bagel place nearby. I brought my notebook with me and started to plan what to do next summer (well, you gotta start at some point...).

Then I prepared for school by buying some new notebooks. For the first time for ages I bought lined books and not squared which means no maths or physics! It feels a little bit strange to not go back to Linköping University, miss nolle-p and not meet up friends as I've done the past three years. However, many of my friends have gone abroad to study or will work.

I decided to go to the Museum of Contemporary Arts (COMA) in Zhongshan. Already in the MRT station the design showed that this is an area full of art and culture. It was an exhibition called Invisibleness is Visibleness collected by Daisuke Miyatsu. It was paintings, short movies, light projections and slideshows. In my opinion, the main theme of the contents were to pay attention to the small things in life and to live out life fully. It's hard to say if I "understand" all the pieces but it was interesting to see the collection, somethings more absurd and out-of-the-box than the other.

The museum entrance. This building used to be Government City Hall.

Quote by the art collector Miyatsu.

Short films.

Dance to illustrate an emotion.

Exhibition by Darren. It was a large collage with different styles and characters showing the diversty of personalities.

My favourite picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment