July 24, 2011

Steak and Chinese practice at the night market!

In the OCAC programme we get food coupons that can be used in some restaurants . It's great that we don't need to pay for the food... but one get tired after a while as we often go to the bread store just around the corner (or the Japanese place where we are "stammisar" and even the staff recognize us! :P). So, yesterday (on Saturday) me and my sister went to the night market to have dinner. It was so much people and it took forever to go one single step. We ended up at a street food place and had delicious steak with noodles and egg (eggs seems to be included in 99% of all Taiwanese food- in sandwiches, fried dumplings, with rice...). The plate was super warm and fried the egg that chief hatched just a few seconds before we got our plates.

The steak. Note the steam and the half fried egg.

I really like the street food and the many choices of food here. 1-0 to Taiwan in this category. In my opinion, Sweden doesn't have any equivalence except for hot dog (I don't know if I should laugh or cry). It may be because of some law concerning hygiene. However, since I came here I haven't got sick or food poisoned. Another reason may be culture differences. Taiwanese (almost) never cook at home, they go out and eat because it's good, cheap and it saves time.

I found a pair of jeans shorts that I really liked at the market. It's been a small project to find a pair of plain jeans shorts as Asians fancy paints, bling bling and ripped design. I accomplished to bargain. IN CHINESE. (Not very much but still!). Woho! The useful is:

可以便宜一點
keyi pianyi i dian? (in pinyin)

No comments:

Post a Comment