July 23, 2011

Shopping

I have to admit that Taipei has fantastic shopping when it comes to clothes and electronics (although I dislike the word "shopping" as I associate it with overconsumption and impulsive purchases). There are many markets and malls (you can buy a shirt from 100 NT dollar or 10000 NT dollar).

Today was a really hot day, about 32 C. I bought an umbrella that was broken after two minutes. Yay quality...not) so we went to some malls where we for sure have AC. We also went to a place to have dessert. I had shaved ice with mango, not very complicated but lovely in the heat.

However, places that I've been to so far are:
  • Shi da night market by He Ping Road. Very good street food! Fancy stores.
  • Ximen- there is everything here from street tattoo to fruit drinks.
  • Wufenpo by Houshanpi station. A place completely drowned in clothes. Very cheap- if one know how to bargain.
  • Shilin night market. The fried chicken here is sooo good!
  • Taipei main station.
  • eslite mall.
  • Taipei 101. Very exclusive shops. I mean it.

At Ximen. So crowded with people and shops.

No comments:

Post a Comment