November 27, 2012

Prague Trip

Isabells is studying in Prague and I seized the first oppurtunity to pay her a visit after the exam period  in October. I may have said this before, but I really like the atmosphere at airports. All the excitement and expectations mixed with the typical souvenirs...
 It was lovely to meet Isabelle and catch up while drinking hot juice with spices...
The days were filled with second-hand-marathon, sight-seeing like the Old Town and Charles Bridge...

...and waiting the Astronomy clock to ring at sharp. The most absurd 30 seconds or so ever.
Prague is a beautiful and charming city with all the old buildings decorated deluxe, trams and dressed in autumn leaves. However, it started to snow on the third day I was there so I could see both fall-Prague and winter-Prague.
 I could've renamed the city to The City of Cobblestone, there really are cobblestones everywhere...


We also visited a contemporary arts museum, a Czech bar and took a walk in a park with this inviting and somewhat fantasy like entry...
 ...and inside there were peacocks strolling around by high hedges. I really liked this place.
We also went shopping at the shopping center Palladium. Guess what? They had bubble tea! I got a major Taiwan-flashback and just had to have a passion fruit tea with pearls. Delicious!

We also tried a nice vegetarian restaurant with food inspired by the Mediterrean and Middle East. To dessert we had nothing less than fondue au chocolate with fruits...
The trip included everything and overtop my high expections. 

No comments:

Post a Comment