January 16, 2012

Twenty-three-years-old-crisis

Turning 23 years old last week didn't make me feel older. I have friends about the same age that have bought house and car, some have married or will do that soon and a childhood friend is waiting her second baby. They seem so... grown up. And then I stop for a second and look at myself, what have I done in my life? One shouldn't compare with other people, after all I'm still a person of my own, but it's hard to not to.

I chosed to enter university. I don't regret that decision. However, I wonder how life would've turned out if I had taken another path. It's amazing to see how different the painting of life can be depending on which color you choose. For instance, look at the entrepreneur and inventor Steve Jobs or the wonderful singer Tracy Chapman or the botanist Carl von Linné. They have all made excellent work in respectively area.

Yesterday, I took some time to write a letter to the future me. I described how my days are like now and how I think it'll be like in the future. Even though I have a vision of how my life will be, I want to stay openminded and embrace other possibilities. I will open the letter in three years. No matter what has happen until then I think the most important thing is to have courage to do things you want to. It's better to do something and regret it than not doing it at all, right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment