December 19, 2011

Sauna Evening

Today, I drenched my brain with falting, Fourier series and trigonometric formulas (I got a retake in signal and image processing in January. Go anti-procrastination!). I think I need time to warm up because it was quite long time ago I did any of that stuff...

In the evening I went to the indoor swimming pool (the same place that I've been to since I was a little girl, but it looks quite different now). I swum a few rounds before I had a sauna marathon. The first one was a common dry sauna and since tonight was "bastusittning" a staff member added lemon grass extract water on the hot stove and then used a towel to propel and swing which results in enhanced heat and scent. Each swing fires of a wall of hotness that hits the skin. So hot and so comfortble! A bucket of ice was place outside the sauna to cool down. We also used peppermint oil  (the smell made me think of "polkagrisar").
The second sauna was a steam sauna, not as hot as the dry sauna but the moist air made it a little bit more difficult to breath and one cannot even see across the sauna because of the thick steam.
The last one is the newest one and is heated up by infra red radiation. At first it does not feel warm at all, it took like 10 minutes before I noticed some temperature changes. The radiation reaches deeper into the skin and muscles and it's said that the body burn up a noteworthy amount of calories. 
Personally, I liked the dry sauna best. Bathing sauna on cold winter days is something I highly recommend!  

No comments:

Post a Comment