December 16, 2011

Inspiration Boost

I think I've had another round of oh-no-empty-of-inspiration-period which may explain the absence of update here. Last week I was home-home and lived what my sister calls a "pensionärsliv"; that is to get up, have a chill breakfast, read a nice book and make some lunch together with my grandma and go out for a walk. Or... that's not the whole truth, I've aslo spend lot of time to look for job on the internet, write personal letters and sent e-mails. So far with no result, but I hope the work will pay out some day.

I enjoyed to have some days completely off with no musts, but as always I get so restless. I'm not used to not have the days planned, days with no structure at all (and I must admit that I miss the Chinese classes). I think I have too much energy, too much will.

So, I decided to visit my sister and Linköping a couple of days so here I am now. Even though I've taken one year off school I cannot keep myself away the campus. I like the lively surroundings. Today, I went to listen to the winner of Nobel prize this year in chemistry, Dan Shechtman. That, I can assure, was inspiring and really what I needed. I didn't get much about the quasichrystal theory or the TEM pictures of "the black holes" (but I've at least heard of Fibonacci series before). However, what I'll bring from what Shechtman said is the struggle and tenacity behind the findings, and also the importance of thinking in new ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment