November 27, 2011

A Long Day

Today I met up with Hank to have lunch. We went to a Korean place (because I said I wanted to try bibimbap). Bibimbap is rice, meat, vegetables put in a burning hot stone bowl and with a cracked egg on the top and you should mix everything around. It was good! There were also some cold side dishes. Then we walked to Sun Yat Sen Memorial Hall and we came just a few minutes before the guard change procession which was quite fun to see.
Beef bibimbap.

Korean sidedishes such as kim chi, peas, leek and cabbage.

Outside Sun Yat Sen Memorial Hall.

The guards.

The plan for the afternoon was to have a fika with Linda and Syaorie at the Hello Kitty restaurant at Zhongxiao Fuxing. When we got there they said it was full so we had no choice but to go somewhere else. I took some pictures of the so-cute-I-almost-puke restaurant. Everything is in pink and some cakes have Hello Kitty. It would have been fun to eat there, but I'm not a Hello Kitty fan so I wasn't too disappointed.
Feels like they look better than what it tastes...


Instead, we went to a dim sum place, it was quite good and so nice to just sit down and chat.
Steamed shrimp dumplings and steamed bao with curd filling.

Then me and Linda went for shopping a while but I was so tired so I went back home quite soon by MRT (I've been walking around in what feels like the whole Taipei today). For dinner I tried the new taco place near my place called Macho Taco. I ordered tofu tortilla and chicken with crispy nacho shell. I must say it was tasteless and so many ingredients were left out, they didn't even had SALSA.
Tofu tortilla.
Taco shell, without sweet corns, salsa, cheese, cucumber... so it was not a hit.

To the last. I want to be in Sweden now. Now as in this very moment.

2 comments:

  1. bibimbap är ett väldigt roligt ord att säga. vet du om det betyder något särskilt?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ja, visst ar det ett roligt ord. Bibimbap betyder enligt kara Wikipedia "mixed meal", ett valdigt passande namn. :)

    ReplyDelete