October 14, 2011

Taiwanese Tacos...

...and other crazy things. Today is Friday and I thought some tacos would be nice to have (it's a typical dish to eat on Fridays in Sweden). And I didn't know if I should laugh or cry or do both at the same time when I got this:

I'm gonna have so much svennebanan-tacos-with-proper-tortilla when I'm back in Sweden.

Lychee tea with bubbles and fen tiao (starch strings).

Fried sweet potato. Delicious!!!

And the following thing is kind of mysterious. I had never seen it before so I just had to try it.

The shape of this nut is very special with horns and deep purple color.

The nut itself is white and a little crispy.

It took a while to google the English name. According to this blog it's called Trapa Bicornis, Ram Horn Nut or Ling Jiao and is harvested during autumn. The nuts were served boiled. It doesn't taste that much but the texture is almost like chestnut. The nut grows by water and is used both as food and in Chinese medicine.





2 comments:

  1. vad piffigt med röda och gröna tacoskal ändå. och mustachliknande nötter. Jag vill smaka :)
    Åt kronärtskocka för första gången förra veckan. inte lika ovanligt kanske, men likväl en rolig ätprocess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tacosen var en besvikelse, smakade inte alls så bra som jag förväntade mig. Kronärtskocka är verkligen ett nöje att äta, det var länge sen jag åt det. :)

    ReplyDelete