October 30, 2011

Fire by Roosevelt Road

Weekend means dinner with L and S (I like our tradition) and tonight we ate charcoal grilled meat with rice and some sidedishes at Shida night market. I'm happy that they take their time to have dinner despite their coming midterms next week. They are exchange students at National Taiwan University (NTU) which is considered as "Taiwan's Harvard" so the pace is very different from my Chinese studies at MTC. I take Chinese classes three hours a day only whilst they have five (!) courses running parallel with lectures, homework and exams.

I walked with them to Gongguan after the dinner (because I felt I needed to take a walk). On the way, we first saw the air was filled with heavy smoke and when we came nearer it appeared that the smoke came from a building in fire. There were at least ten fire truckers. I hope all the people in the building came out safe and sound.


No comments:

Post a Comment