September 15, 2011

My Room

Before I came to Taiwan I was a little bit worried how to find an accomodation. It turned out to be quite easy, I just went to school and had a look at the bulletin board and saw phone numbers to people that rent out rooms. I decided to rent the first and only room I looked at. My room is about 16 square metres, with furnitures, AC, TV, fridge and own bathroom. It's near to school, like 7 minutes walk and even closer to the Shi da nightmarket.

The price for room rent seemed to be relatively fair, about 2750 SEK per month (electricity not included). But guess if I was shocked when I heard that students at some Taiwan universities only pay 1000NT/SEMESTER(!) for a dorm room. That is about 250 SEK for 5 months which is 50 SEK per month. OMG.


No comments:

Post a Comment