September 24, 2011

I Miss...

I have been in Taiwan for 84 days in this very moment I write this entry . Never in my life have I been away from Sweden and my family so long. In the beginning, everything was new and different from what I was used to.

This week the weather has change, it's below 30 degrees now, not humid at all and a little windy. Autumn is here. It's very comfortable (I can actually go out without sweating like a pig). It took a while to get used to the Taiwanese weather but as with everything else here I learn to adapt. Or to some extent. I do miss some things at home (apart from my dear family and friends):

  1. A normal Swedish breakfast with "havregrynsgröt" or yoghurt and WHOLE WHEAT BREAD. (How can something so simple taste so good?) Whole wheat bread is not a hit here. Taiwanese bread often APPEARS tasty but is whiter than the color white and has no substance.
  2. Swedish music and concerts. I saw a poster that Westlife will play in Taipei (my favourite band in the teenage, I even have one of their CDs. Haha.)
  3. "Skogspromenader".
  4. To have a kitchen and to bake (I wanna make an apple pie with lots of crumbles!).
  5. To be able to drink pure water from the tap.
So tonight I have Håkan Hellström singing in background.


No comments:

Post a Comment