September 19, 2011

Hsinchu

Yesterday I went to Hsinchu for a daytrip where my taiwanese friend H lives. Hsinchu is located in the northwest part of Taiwan and is a rendezvous for hightech. (Taiwan is remarkably good at elctronical devices for example asus, acer, msi and HTC are all taiwanese brands. Very impressing for such a small country.)

Hsinchu is also famous for its glass production so we went to the glass museum. There were mostly glass art in the exhibition, but also the history of glass. This made me realize that glass is used in so many ways like lightening, laboratory equipments (which I found interesting), technological equipments and optielectronics.

We went to the beach in the afternoon. And at the first sight it seemed like something was wrong but I couldn't put me finger on what. However, when I looked around it struck me everybody had their clothes on (some even had long jeans and long sleeves), and not swimmingsuit. Not a single girl had bikini. Conclusion: Taiwanese people are super shy (and conservative). Therefor I followed the dress code and kept my top. It was so nice to run into the water and strike the waves. Some people were kite surfing and it looked so cool (I want to try that!).

H was a great guide and we went by scooter to these different places (and I felt so much like a taiwanese when I sat on the scooter with the big helmet on. Haha).

At the glass museum (looks like the glass production in Gränna).

At the beach.

Kite surfing!

On the "moppe". (Haha, I look like an astronout with the helmet.)

No comments:

Post a Comment