September 3, 2011

Daan Forest Park

Something I often did in Sweden was to take long walks, often in the forest. But here in Taipei taking a walk I cannot even imagine to do. As I've described before the air pollution is massive as well as the traffic. And not to mention the weather (here I go again. Don't misunderstand me, I like Taiwan but the weather... Oh dear... Heavy acidic rain, 36 C and humidity and sometimes typhoons).

Anyways, today I went to Daan Forest park (about 20 min walk from where I live). It was early and not too hot outside. I think I've found a place for nice walks. An oasis, a breathing hole, the nature lovers' ghetto in the middle of all sky skrapers. And it's lovely. There are many different exotic trees (palm trees, woho!), an outdoor amphi theater, running track, playground, black squirrels and lots of benches where one can sit and think of anything or nothing.

Maybe the best thing is that the park wasn't crowded. You can find your own spot and just chill. However, there were people here that trained kungfu, people that sat in a circle and meditated loudly(!), children playing, old folks chatting, romantic couples, atleths in the running track and I even saw someone with binoculars looking for birds.

Small branches that look like roots grow from the bigger branches and just hang in the air. So cool!

Palm trees. This sight made me associate to an exotic sunny beach with blue water.

Running track. I definitely will come back some day with my running shoes.

Foot massage path. It's suppose to benefit your health if you have a foot massage as the feet are connected to different organ and parts of the body.

A black squirrel with an huge furry tail.

No comments:

Post a Comment