August 25, 2011

Yum Cha

Yum Cha literally means "to drink tea" and is a Chinese version of the English afternoon tea (or the American brunch). But the tea is not really what matters when yum cha, it's actually more about what you eat (the small dishes called dim sum). Yesterday, we (me and my parents) had dim sum at Din Tai Fung a resturant famous for their xiaolongbao. So famous that when we got to the restaurant there were crowded of tourists (mostly from Japan) that queued (hmm, grammar of Anglo-French word is not my strength) outside.

And I think it was worth the waiting as the dim sums were really good and the service as well (almost too good after the fifth time of tea refill by the waiter...).

By the mascote while waiting for a table...

Xiaolongbao is steamed dumplings with pork and leek filling. The soup from the filling is kept inside the thin layer of paste.

Yum Cha. (I daresay that 99% of my pictures are showing me eating something. Not really OK.)

No comments:

Post a Comment