July 28, 2011

A normal Thursday

The results of mid-term test came yesterday. I'm quite disappointed, but now I've learned to be more thorough with the strokes. Anyways, people have told me that my Chinese speaking has improved which made my happy!

It was really hot today and the culture class in Chinese yo-you (which takes place outdoor) was exhausting. The only time that I honestly freeze is in the classroom where the super AC blows in my back.

In Chinese class today we learned how to say "I'm a stupid student!" in Chinese (directly from the textbook). However, I do like the classes. It's not only about vocabulary and correct pronuncitation, the Taiwanese culture has a big part as well. The teacher tell us about food dishes that we have to try (like stinky tofu and paigufan) and googles food pictures. We also listen to Taiwanese music on youtube and watch movies with Jay Chow (a very popular Taiwanese actor). We often discuss social issues In Taiwan which I find interesting enhance our understanding for the people here.

In the kungfu class we learned self defense, that is basically how to break a wrist or punch the balls (which someone expressed so perfectly). It was quite unpleasant to have a chokehold on my throat (even though I for sure know it's just practice). We'll have a performance with the kungfu moves at the end of the programme!

The dessert of the day: Belgian waffle with oreo cookie, banana and chocolate sauce!

No comments:

Post a Comment