June 13, 2011

Friends, Family, Foes.

Today, I heard about a man on the radio that is inable to recognize faces (listen here in Swedish). First it may seem funny as there are lots of people that cannot remember names, but after a while one realizes that this must be a huge distress in everyday life. For example, this man couldn't even recognize his sister. The scientific name for this disease is Prosopagnosia and is related to the brain area called fusiform gyrus according to Wikipedia. Very interesting.

And talking about people and recognition. People changes. I know that, me myself change continously with or without consciousness. To wear make-up was a big no no for just two years ago, but now I even own a mascara! And I thought only big tough guys went to the gym and worked out in front of the mirrors also known as "disco builders" (which is partly true). Howbeit, I'm one of these gym folks nowadays (though I'm neither big nor a guy). But still I sometimes become surprised when people turn into a different persons over time, both physically and in manner. This is nothing negative, this just suggest how powerful one's memory is and luckily enough- that humans are not static.

No comments:

Post a Comment